Monday, December 20, 2010

A Great Find

I helped my brother Kyle move today. We went to our family's storage unit and got some of his things out of there. While in there, I found a box of mine, and it had a binder in it. Not just any binder. This was the "Lineage" binder.

Lineage was the first band I ever played in. It consisted of myself, Wil Anderson, Daniel Taylor, and Brad Jordan. Four friends that went off to college together and started a band. We wrote our own songs and even recorded a few. I still have a lot of those original recordings. But, back to the binder. We had a 3-ring binder where we kept all of songs the we had written. Some of the songs we completed, others were works in progress. I looked through the binder tonight to find the original hand-written copies of most of our songs. There are other songs in there that I don't remember writing. Some are typed up, and others are just a chorus jotted down on a scrap sheet of paper.

I think I'll post a few of the songs on here. Finding this binder was really cool. I have been writing a lot of songs lately, and reading some of these songs that we wrote nine years ago really takes me back.

1 comment:

  1. aren't you glad your momma keeps some of your stuff boxed up?

    ReplyDelete