Saturday, November 13, 2010

What a Day

So today I was going to go to the Auburn/Georgia game. I had it all worked out. My friend Billy had my student ticket because I let him borrow it for the previous game. Well, Billy and I failed to exchange the ticket this past week. I called him on Friday night, and found out that he was in Georgia. I briefly panicked, but regained my composure when he told me that he would be back this morning by noon. Plenty of time for me to get the ticket and get to the stadium, right?

I drove to Billy's apartment to pick up the ticket around noon. Billy and I had the bright idea that I could ride his bike to the stadium from there since traffic was so bad. It is about a ten to fifteen minute bike ride. I'd say the route is about 2 miles. Well I took off on his bike and got almost to the stadium when I realized my wallet had fallen out of my back pocket at some point. I again panicked... I call Billy. "Go outside your apartment and see if you see my wallet." It's not there. So, I begin to backtrack along the same route looking for my wallet (which has the ticket in it by the way). I get all the way back to Billy's apartment with no wallet found. I asked everyone I passed along the route if they had seen a wallet on the ground. Nothing. So I re-ride this route back and forth 4 times looking for my wallet which I know has been taken by someone by this point. In the course of all this riding, I did find an iPhone on the ground. Someone else was sharing a similar experience with me today. I picked up the phone and put it in my pocket. I finally gave up on my wallet quest and decided to go home and watch the game on TV.

Then the phone rings. It's the guy's girlfriend. He wants his phone back of course. I offer to meet with them somewhere after the game. He then tells me that he is so grateful that he will buy me a student ticket to the game from his friend. We agree to meet at the student gate to do the exchange. I arrive at the agreed upon location about 10 minutes before kickoff. The guy finally shows up right at kickoff... drunk. He has no ticket for me because his he couldn't get in touch with his friend. So he gives me $40 cash and I give him the phone. Of course, I can't buy a ticket for only $40 at kickoff right?? I try anyway. I was one of those people desperately holding up one finger like an idiot. I found several people selling tickets, but they all wanted closer to $200. Sorry folks. I then made the walk of shame all the way to Billy's apartment and headed home. I canceled all of my cards and what not, and now I have $40 to get me to Monday when the bank opens. Plenty of dough. Auburn wins the game and all is well.

So today I rode a bike approximately 16 miles and walked another 3 miles. At least I got my workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment